Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I made butter!

Yes, you read that right! I made my own butter and it was DELICIOUS!!!! I'm here today to show you how you can make your own butter to! It's crazy easy and it will not have all those additives found in store bought butter. One ingredient is needed and that is it! HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM! So make it organic if you can! You want your butter free of all those additives so read those labels! The simplier the better!

So here is what you do with your heavy whipping cream (I used a cup, but you can use more as needed):

Put your heavy cream into a blender or food processor. Watch it close! Once you notice that it is getting thicker or that your blender or processor is slowing down you are going to want to stop! This usually takes about 2-4 minutes, depending on your machine. I have a vitamix and it only took about 2 minutes.

Then pour it off into a canning jar and close it tightly. Then all you have to do is SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!!!!! It will only take about 3 minutes of shaking and you will see a ball form in the jar. Pour off the liquid and give it another shake for about a minute.

Pour off the liquid then plop your ball of butter into a glass bowl. Now you are going to want to wash your butter with cold water and squeeze out any liquid left. This helps it from spoiling quickly! Use the spoon to fold the butter over onto itself. Do this until the water is no longer clear. Then pour off water and repeat 3-4 times. Once you are done drain your new butter ball in mesh strainer and put it in a tightly closed container. It's is YUMMY!!!!

I separated my batch into two small cups. One batch I added a dash of cinnamon and about 1/2 tsp honey. My 3 year old LOVED this on his pancakes and toast! You can make other flavors as well so don't be afraid to experiment!!! Have fun making butter and get the kids involved! They will be amazed to see the heavy cream go from liquid to solid!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment